Custom Search
14:59

TENSES: 2

Because we do not have tenses, there are at least two ways to learn tenses in Indonesian. The first is by following the translation in the previous lesson. Although it is not common, Indonesians will understand what you mean. For example, in the preceding lesson there is a sentence like this: Saya akan sudah makan menjelang pukul 10 pagi. It is not familiar to us, but we understand. The second is just to express the sentences and are followed by the information of time.

Afterwards, I group the tenses into five categories. You will never find this categorisation in the Indonesian grammar.

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA


CATEGORY 1:

The present tense and past tense are the same. The difference is their information of time. Remember, we do not have the past form of verbs!

Present Tense
I usually study in my sleeping room.
Saya biasanya BELAJAR di kamar tidur saya.

Past Tense
I studied yesterday in my sleeping room.
Saya BELAJAR kemarin di kamar tidur saya.

Note: generally=umumnya, commonly=biasanya.

CATEGORY 2:

The present continuous tense and past continuous tense are the same.

Present Continuous Tense
I am studying now in the library.
Saya sedang belajar sekarang di perpustakaan.

Past Continuous Tense
I was studying when he called me.
Saya sedang belajar saat dia menelpon saya.

CATEGORY 3:

Future Tense
I WILL study tomorrow.
Saya AKAN belajar besok.

CATEGORY 4:

The present perfect tense and past perfect tense are the same!

Present Perfect Tense
I HAVE STUDIED.
Saya SUDAH BELAJAR.

Past Perfect Tense
My mother said that I HAD STUDIED.
Ibu saya berkata bahwa saya SUDAH BELAJAR.

Pay attention, in Indonesian we can add the information of time in the present perfect tense and past perfect tense. For example: Kami telah makan (tadi pagi)=We have eaten (this morning). Note: sudah=telah.

CATEGORY 5:

Since THE FOLLOWING TENSES are not familiar to Indonesians, forget them!
1. Present Perfect Continuous Tense
2. Past Perfect Continuous Tense
3. Future Continuous Tense
4. Future Perfect Tense
5. Future Perfect Continuous Tense


IMPORTANT!
The most important in “Indonesian tenses” is the information of time. To make sure that an action has happened, is happening, or will happen is from the information of time. Mention it and then we understand.

0 komentar: